We've all had that clumsy moment, a slip of the coffee cup or a tipped over glass of red wine while wearing something we love. We would hate for you to despair in having stained your favourite Henri shirt which is why we have been mixing eco friendly potions to find the best do-it-yourself stain removal.
Taking care of the clothes you already have is a huge part of having a sustainable lifestyle and doing it without toxic chemicals is also part of that. With this in mind we want to help increase the lifespan of your shirt with some useful fabric care tips.
Our go-to stain removal method:
- Mix 1 and a half cups of water with 1/4 cup of castile soap, 1/4 cup of vegetable glycerin and a few drops of lemon essential oil (not a must but a nice touch) in a spray bottle.
- Soak the stained garment in water and spray stain removal remedy on stains.
- Leave for at least 30-60 minutes (the longer the better). Then wash garment as usual.
Some more tips include:
- White Vinegar/Lemon Juice: Removes coffee, tea, grass and glue stains.
- Salt: Removes blood, red wine and sweat stains.
- Baking Soda: Removes grease and oil stains.
- Treat asap! The longer you wait, the more stubborn the stain will get. If you don´t have immediate access to stain removal products, follow the previous tips of soaking in water and exposing in sun light.
- Don´t rub! It will only make the stain worse.
- Avoid heat!
- Avoid heat!
The power of sunlight...
For particularly stubborn stains we recommend to 'Soak and expose': Soaking a stained shirt in water and then exposing it in harsh sunlight is surprisingly effective. In some cases you might want to do an additional remedy, but this is a good way to start as the sun will bleach the stain.