Part-time Shop Manager
We’re looking for someone to manage our Hackney shop.
Having recently opened our first shop we’ve been learning about the ebs and flows of having a physical retail space. It has been a wonderful first 4 months and we are now looking to hire someone for a part time role.
The requirements of the job are:
- This is a part time role of roughly 3 days a week which will include regular weekend shifts. We will aim to have fixed days set for working with some room for flexibility. We can work together to come up with a rota that suits both parties, however being able to work one weekend day is key (not every weekend will be required).
- Locality to the shop would be helpful in order to send out online orders throughout the week. This is not a deal breaker but it would be handy.
The responsibilities will include:
The role is essentially to manage the shop and everything that comes under the shop umbrella. It requires organisation, routine, attention to detail and having a friendly and easy manner with customers in store. Key responsibilities include:
- Keeping the shop clean, tidy and organised. This requires attention to detail each day.
- Organising stock, updating sales records, liaising with brands who stock in the shop.
- Being in charge of the shop rota
- Being lovely to customers! We’re looking for someone with a friendly and open manner to them. Someone who’s able to speak at ease with customers, to share the brand story and help with fit queries – this is something we will talk through with you to make sure you have all the information you need.
Other notes to consider:
- We’re particularly keen to hire someone with a keen interest in the brand and who’s personal ethos is aligned with ours.
- This job would suit someone who has their own thing on the side, whatever that may be. It is a quiet shop so you will have time to yourself to work (you’d be welcome to bring in a laptop etc). We want to make this a long term hire so if you’re looking for a little extra something to have on the side of whatever else you do then this could be the job for you.
- This role requires each day to be spent on your own in the shop. This isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so if you need to get your energy from other people this might not be the job for you. Our customers are generally lovely, engaging people who love a good chat, but as we’re not located on a shopping street it can be quiet during the week.
- We’re just going to stress this again – we’re looing for a long-term hire! We’d like to build up relationship with someone who could eventually evolve into other areas of the business.
If you're interested we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org.