- One size fits all
- Short jacket with small side slits
- Two front pockets and one inside breast pocket
- Indian style collar detail
- Fitted on shoulders with plenty of room under the arms for bigger busts
- Main jacket fabric made from hand-woven cotton
- Jacket lining made from handwoven organic cotton
- Each piece is handmade by tailors who helped to develop the first sample. Based in Tonk, Rajasthan.
This piece is made from a hand woven fabric that is made from drought resistant cotton called Kala cotton. The beauty of this cotton is that it can grow without rainfall. This makes it just short of a miracle, in an industry which consumes vast quantities of water. The texture of the fabric is rough as if you can feel the desert landscape it has come from. Having road tested this piece, we can confirm that it softens beautifully and feels lovely next to the skin.
"I designed this jacket on my travels in India. Inspired by the traditional Indian style mens waistcoats, I took certain elements from the tailoring and applied it to a modern women's silhouette. The tailored shoulders sit comfortably on almost any shoulder width and the boxy cut from beneath the arms is off-set with the draped, relaxed nature of the fabric. This combination means that it suits almost any body shape and size, with enough room for larger sizes and enough drape for smaller frames."